Saturday, February 13, 2010

My dear friend Nancye

Hello everyone,

I am a long time friend of Nancye's, we met on the Prodigy Mini Bulletin Boards years and years ago...and have been friends ever since, both in the mini world and our own world outside of mini's....it is with genuine sadness and a breaking heart that I have to write and let you know that Nancye is losing her battle with cancer. We brought her home from the hospital this past Tuesday and she is in hospice care here in her home, surrounded by her family and friends. I arrived from Toronto last Sunday and will stay as long as needed...

Nancye is a talented, creative, wonderful person and her presence is our world and the mini world has been a joy...she will leave a huge,gaping,painful hole when she leaves us, but I know full well that Tom and her family would love to, in time, read your comments about Nancye and her fabulous blog...so if you would post something on here, I will follow her blog and print out the notes for the family...

Thank you so much for being such a special part of her life...she loved writing
( and did it SO WELL!), and of course, she loved mini's so much. Nancye and I spent many happy hours at her kitchen table making mini;s, attending shows, making mini's at my B&B in Maine when I lived there. I never was able to get her to the Guild School, but she adored going to the Guild Study Programs in Williamsburg and I was honoured on so many occasions to go there with her, and with Tom and take so many classes...

I am so sad, I cannot write anymore, but thanks again for being such a special part of Nancye's incredible life.

Fondly,
Debbe Bloom

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this blog, it's so sad when I see this comment but she lives on through her blog and beautiful miniatures.